Online theory instruction (8 hours plus self-study and reading, total: 30 hours approx.) This theory instruction may also be provided by the relevant teacher (8 hours ++, 12 UI).
CONTENTS OF TRAINING:
• General anatomy and physiology of blood circulation
• General anatomy of the lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes;
• Indications and contraindications;
• Special anatomy of the main lymphatic vessels as
well as of the lymphatic systems of the various body regions and the skin;
• Physiology of the interstitial space, lymphatic system and lymphatic fluid:
• Extravascular circulation of blood proteins
• Exchange of matter and fluid in the terminal portions of pathways;
• Structure and function of the interstitial connective
tissue, physiology of interstitial exchange of matter,diffusion, osmosis, colloid osmosis, filtration, reabsorption, active cell transport process, permeability of blood capillaries
• Starling’s equilibrium;
• Physiology of the lymphatic system (drainage function, lymph formation, lymph-obligatory substances, lymph transport, transport capacity of the lymphatic system, defence and filter function); Lymphatic fluid, chyle;
PRACTICAL INSTRUCTION (32 HOURS, 40 UI):
• Principles of applying MLD;
• Massage techniques in MLD;
• Treatment of the various parts of the body (neck, face, arms, back, buttocks, chest, abdomen, legs, nape of neck).
REVIEW OF LEVEL I (8 HOURS)
The basic strokes for different body regions (neck, face, arms, legs, abdomen, breast and back) are repeated. Theory if required.
These Reviews are only open to Level I students. Level II students and higher-level students may not participate.
Copyright Â© 2016 The Lymph Clinic. All Rights Reserved
Website Design by The Digital Department